Friday, August 3, 2012

My Trip to Turkey

Last year I was fortunate enough to take a vacation in Turkey. Before that I still lived in Canada, where the winters are cold and long. When we got of the plane in Turkey and a rush of warm air hit me, I was extremely happy to be out of the cold. We went to our hotel, which was located on one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been on. The hotel offered a lot of all-inclued excursions and trips, some of which I enjoyed most were painting class, and a scuba-diving course you could attain your PADI certificate and a scuba-diving certificate. In two weeks I finished two art works. The first one was a painting of a cat with acrylics, and lined with gold glue. It was a simple piece but it was still very fun to do and turned out very nice. The second art work was far more interesting. Using water-color and a special pen I was able to draw a design on a table cloth and color it in. I also decided to take the scuba-diving course. It was a total of 10 dives, which worked out perfectly since I was in Turkey for two weeks. The first couple of dives were in the pool, where we learned how to operate the different equipments. After that we had dives in the ocean, where we had to preform lots of tasks, like swimming 10 meters without our goggles on, taking of the equipment and putting it back on in the ocean. As our final dive we dove about 10 feet to a sunken ship that was about 50 years old, and to explore a little bit. I highly enjoyed my trip to Turkey, and I would love to go there again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment